What is a mouse shoulder?
Modern era diagnosis.
Computers are now considered as an integral part of everyday life. Long term work at the computer and the use of computer mouse without the proper arm support leading to inflammation of tendons and shoulder joint capsules. As inflammation persists, the capsules and ligaments of the shoulder joint become stiffer and limited mobility. Also, inappropriate placement of computer and other tools (tablets, smartphone, etc.) may have an adverse effect on the postures of children.
Did you know...
Approximately 75% of jobs are dependent on the work on the computer.
How did it happen?
Using a mouse requires small, focused movements of your hand and fingers: overtime, these muscles can become fatigued and this fatigue leads to tension.
How do you know if you have mouse shoulder?
- Pain in the shoulder that is in control of the computer mouse (burning or deep pain)
- Pain extending throughout the arm, all the way to your hands
- Tightness stemming from the upper back or shoulder
- Weak feeling in the hand
- Numbness and tingling in the hand
If you are suffering from any of the following listed above, our chiropractors and the team are here to help.
How can Chiropractors at 34th Street help?
Depending on the nature of your injury the chiropractors in our office can use a variety of methods and techniques to reduce the pain from mouse shoulders.
Some methods/techniques include:
- Chiropractic adjustments of the cervical (neck) and/or Thoracic (upper/mid back) either manual (using hands) or instrument-assisted (Activator or arthro-stim)
- Graston technique
And work with a bigger team
- work with a physical therapist who will use methods (ultrasound, muscle stimulation, passive and active rehabilitation exercises/stretches to improve muscle strength and flexibility- modified activities (better work habits), exercises to strengthen weak muscles and improve posture.
- Soft tissue work (massage)
- Pain management (Traumeel injection)